Tuesday 19 May 2020

One piece review

One piece review
As strong as I consider my One Piece rep to be, I had never actually watched all of the anime before. That’s not to say that you aren’t a real One Piece fan unless you’ve seen the whole thing, I just felt that it was a personal right of passage that I should have to complete, filler and all. I decided to also write up this editorial when I finished the marathon to collate all of my thoughts and opinions that I formed during my long journey.

Now, throughout the entire series there are some things that the anime does amazingly well. The soundtrack for one, is completely on point. The One Piece original soundtrack (OST) and especially the movie soundtracks that appear later post Strong World, are always amazingly well placed to accentuate any mood that a viewer is supposed to feel during a scene. My personal favorite bit of the soundtrack is “The Path Towards the Sun“, which plays during the scene where Jinbe gives Luffy the blood transfusion. It makes that scene one of favorites in Fishman Island, which is already one of my fave arcs.



Another thing that is rarely less than stellar is the animation of the sky and the water. Both are obviously very prominent in One Piece settings, and thus gorgeous detail is put into them even if the other parts of the scene around them aren’t. The sky and sea both represent a dangerous yet beautiful freedom, so whether they are calm or angry, you can tell that extra effort is put into the art.

The anime always makes the sky look gorgeous, especially in the important scenes.
Of course, one of my main reasons for actually watching anime in general but especially One Piece: the voice actors. I love the manga, I obviously do, but the voice actors for One Piece, and especially those of the Straw Hat crew just bring so much life to the characters. Dramatic moments feel more dramatic and funny moments are even better with their talents.

Let’s talk about the overall animation. Sometimes it’s really good! But we see more examples of how rushed the team is to put together a new episode almost every week. The vast majority of what we get on a weekly basis is just mediocre animation, which is understandable and leaves the beautiful moments to be savored. They are even more apparent when you marathon the series. However, since we as fans are so used to seeing One Piece’s unique art style, when something in the animation goes wrong, it goes very wrong. Even just one shot of a wonky face that is quickly off-screen still sticks in your mind as just being off.


And that’s not to mention the often incredibly in your face and terrible boobs that the anime sometimes gives the women. Oda’s female body designs often leave much to be desired, but for unknown reasons the animation team sometimes decides to make their breasts even bigger. And shinier. And sometimes they just jiggle in ways that aren’t even physically possible. If there is a badly animated focus on boobs in an episode, it quickly becomes the focus of the entire episode in the watcher’s mind. Sadly, when it comes to One Piece, when the animation is good, it’s really good and when it’s bad it’s really really bad. Since it’s usually mediocre, I have learned to deal with it and I’m sure many other fans have too, even if we aren’t exactly ecstatic about it.

Another big gripe that people tend to have when it comes to the anime is the pacing of the episodes. This tends to come in later on in the series once the anime started to use the one manga chapter to one anime episode format. However, from what I experienced while watching, there was very few moments where the anime seemed to lag a noticeable amount. The worst time to me was the Davy Back Fight arc, since there was so much filler there that really didn’t add a lot to the narrative and it was all just stretched out. Plus the Foxy arc is my least favorite arc to begin with, so that wasn’t helping things. The only other time that I really felt like the anime was dragging was the first half of Marineford. It was clear that the one chapter to one episode pace was not working out well, but at least it picked up when Luffy finally arrived and the shit hit the fan.



When it came to my own personal pace going through the series, its easy to see by my records that I started out going very strong but then lagged once I hit the Summit War Saga. This is due to a combination of reasons. First is the fact that I hadn’t watched much of the series before Enies Lobby, so it was easy to fly through all of that, enraptured in my first time seeing it. Plus, I recently watched all of Impel Down forward, so seeing that again was pretty repetitive. Not a bad repetitive, just the fact that I remembered more of what happened meant I was much less motivated to quickly get through it. Also, I was dreading getting to certain parts in Marineford that were and continue to be emotionally draining.

I should probably touch on the topic of filler. My personal favorite filler arc was the G-8 filler, but I am also very much in love with the Sanji focused filler episodes, episodes 133 and 319. My least favorite arc is harder to choose since we’ve had so many bad ones recently, but I think I have to choose the Little East Blue Arc. I’m sure Sam and I will go over all of this, including which episode of filler are worth watching, in our eventual and hopefully soon Filler Up guide.

It honestly was a huge amount of fun to go back and re-watch the most iconic scenes in the series, and I still really felt an emotional pull every time a flashback appeared or the OST was particularly rousing. In the end, probably my favorite part of the anime was Skypiea. I never watched it in the anime, and that a mistake because it was such a fun-laden time with great animation of a completely different world than what we were used to, a gorgeous OST, fantastic voice-acting, and of course Oda’s brilliant writing made everything come to life.

Skypiea was especially amazing in the anime when it came to scenery and architecture.




So if you can find the time and effort to do so, I really recommend watching the One Piece anime. It really adds a whole new dimension to many fantastic scenes. I will never forget watching Luffy destroying Crocodile to the sound of a symphony. If you find the pacing isn’t cutting it for you, marathoning the episode rather than watching it weekly really makes it easier if the anime is being slow, and you can skip through the openings and recaps that you don’t want to go through again.

My final takeaways from my journey was that Skypiea is great, symphony music makes everything better, the Fishman Island Arc is gorgeous and great, and Toei really needs to bring back the guitar riff sound effect!
 Recommended -
To check out Gta 6 rumours and other leak & official info hit the link bellow


To check out Spiderman 2 ps4/ps5 upcoming game rumours and other stuff 
Hit the link bellow 


To download hunter x hunter anime all arc eng dubbed click the link below https://animegamexy.blogspot.com/2020/05/hunter-x-hunter-arcs-english-dub-google.html?m=1
 Hope you enjoy my blogg leave a comment if you like 
subscribe my blog if you like my content 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Top 5 single player (story mode )ps4 game

Top 5 single player (story mode  )ps4 game No -5 Watch dogs 2 Description Watch Dogs 2 is a 2016 action-adventure game developed by ...